Empowering Your Leaders
It’s imperative that we create trauma-informed workplaces. This begins with educating and training your leaders with the skills they need to create safe and inclusive workspaces, as well as to identify, deescalate and integrate a conflict or potentially traumatic experience. Harm reduction-based leadership trainings help reduce professional burnout and increase productivity and social engagement across organizations.
Who It’s For
- Team Leaders and People Managers
- Executive Staff and Hiring Managers
- Workers who interface with clients and customers
- Critical Perspective – Unbiased, accurate information about harm reduction applications to real world scenarios
- Practical Application – Real, actionable tools for supporting someone who is having an emotional crisis
- Self-Awareness – Better understanding of your own strengths so that you can be in integrity when serving others
- Professional Longevity – Tools and self-care exercises that build professional and personal resilience in the face of secondary trauma.
Join NEST training programs to become a more adaptable and inclusive organization.
NEST guides your management through a virtual trauma-informed leadership training designed specifically to address workplace challenges unique to your organization as well as global issues. This training is divided into an education/awareness component and a skills-building component.
Then, your leaders have a chance to debrief and ask questions about the challenges they face. This may include role-playing scenarios, boundary-setting, communication skills and spot-guidance on how to apply the training principles to their specific circumstances.
Subjects That May Be Covered
- Harm Reduction Principles
- Drugs, Psychedelics and Other Altering Substances
- Trauma-Informed Community Principles
- Practical Information & Scenarios (may include)
- Sexual/Physical Assault
- Survivor’s Traumatization
- Bystander Intervention
- When to Escalate
- Importance of Integration & Aftercare
FROM THE NEST COMMUNITY
“Being able to provide support and services to not only attendees but also fellow staff makes the work that much more meaningful and effective. NEST is expanding the accessibility to harm reduction.”
“Working with Erica and her team at N.E.S.T. provides the safety and support our production team needs to get through the challenging, stressful moments to ensure a successful event.”
“Working under an integrative wellness care model with such a diverse team of caregivers has been a refreshing, insightful experience.”
“I’ve had the privilege to work with the compassionate care providers at NEST and am constantly blown away by the level of dedication and attention they bring to the work of harm reduction. Rock on, team!”
“I’m so grateful for this experience. I’ve known harm reduction is my passion for a long time, and NEST created space for me to explore my potential in this field and support my community in a way that felt so RIGHT. My values are super aligned with NEST’s values, and I could see that our team was leading with our values to pull all of this off!”
“I enthusiastically recommend this training! Erica’s presentation was clear and accessible, and she left me with tools to implement right away. Both the conceptual framework and practical guidance would be beneficial to anyone who is looking to compassionately hold space for people going through traumatic experiences – not just those working in the world of psychedelic harm reduction. I really appreciated the approach to self-care, especially the checklists and schematics for self-reflection and assessing one’s readiness to compassionately hold space for others.”
Join the NEST Network
Receive insights, training announcements, and event staffing opportunities.