Supporting Professionals on the Frontlines of Secondary Trauma
N.E.S.T. provides psychoeducation around secondary trauma, compassion fatigue and professional burnout. We also offer emotional support groups, specifically tailored to first responders, event production professionals and harm reductionists, professional and volunteers.
Who Should Enroll
These programs and process groups are available to individuals seeking support around compassion fatigue and secondary traumatic stress. We have support groups and services tailored specifically for individuals working in care/support industries as well as event production and first response.
- Event Production Professionals Exposed to Crisis Situations and Environments
- Emergency Services Providers and Responders
- Mental Health Professionals
What You Will Walk Away With
Critical Perspective – Increased knowledge of secondary trauma symptoms and how to spot them early
Practical Application – Skills to help you address your own self care needs
Connection – Actionable, healthy ways to engage in your community and stay emotionally connected
Professional Longevity – Tools and self-care exercises that build professional and personal resilience in a field that encounters secondary trauma regularly.
Join NEST training programs to become a more compassionate, connected and prepared harm reductionist.
Process & Support Groups Detail
We understand that getting support can be hard and scary, especially if you work in an industry that has a high-risk of compassion fatigue and burnout! We provide small, confidential, professionally-facilitated emotional support groups that are available in person, in Los Angeles or online. We will meet for 90 minutes, explore different topics around trauma, substance use and how to create healthy boundaries at work and at home.
Subjects That May Be Covered
- Harm Reduction Principles & Substance Use
- Vicarious Trauma, Compassion Fatigue and Burnout
- Self Care Skill Building
- Authenticity & Identity
- Compassionate Care Techniques & Integration
Prerequisites & Qualifications
Support groups are specific to your professional industry or event.
We offer groups for:
- Professional Festival & Event Harm Reduction Workers & Volunteers
- Nurses, Paramedics & EMTs
- Professionals Working in Psychedelic Research
- Professional Event Production Workers & Volunteers